Archive for August, 2009
Before the Nokia world conference kick starts later this month,the new product announcements were made by nokia themselves.Hot in the heels after announcing their entry into PC market,nokia now have made a maemo-5 phone N900,which probably i think would ditch symbian.i didnt find any reason why nokia bought symbian foundation last year for 500 million$.Anyway have look at Nokia N900 and its new OS.Really,It looks promising.
Here is a hands on video:
- ARM Cortex-A8 600MHz processor with up to 1GB of application memory (256MB RAM and 768MB of virtual memory).
- 3.5 inch widescreen, 800 x 480 pixels resolution, resistive touch.
- Dimensions of 110.9 x 59.8 x 18mm (19.5mm at camera), weight of 181g. This is shorter, but wider, thicker and heavier than the N97 (117 x 55.3 x 15.9mm at 150g). It’s significantly smaller than the N810 (72 x 128 x 14mm at 226g), the previous Maemo device.
- Horziontal slider form factor with 3 line QWERTY keyboard on the lower slide and integrated (around the camera) device ‘kick’ stand.
- WiFi (b/g) (includes UPnP support) and HSDPA connectivity (triband WCDMA 900/1700/2100 and quadband GSM).
- 5 megapixel main camera (2.8 aperture, 5.2 focal length, dual LED flash and video light), with Carl Zeiss Tessar optics, video capture at WVGA (800 x 480) at up to 25 frames per second. Camera supports geotagging, tagging with keyword and ability to share to Ovi and Flickr.
- Integrated GPS with A-GPS.
- Integrated FM transmitter.
- Bluetooth 2.1, including full support for stereo headsets (A2DP and AVRCP).
- Nokia 3.5mm AV connector for audio input/output and TV-Out.
- microUSB for connectivity and charging.
- 32GB of internal flash storage, microSD card slot.
- Nokia BL-5J battery with 1320 mAh capacity.
- Runs Maemo 5; Nokia say, ‘Maemo brings the power of computer to mobile devices. Designed with the Internet at its core. Linux-based Maemo software takes us into a new era of mobile computing’.
- Browser (Fennec) powered by Mozilla technology, supports full Flash 9.4 and AJAX.
- Customisable ‘panorama’ desktop and multi-window task switcher.
- Unified communications and address book: voice calls, internet calls, instant messages and SMS. Includes the ability to merge phonebook, Skype contacts and other contacts into a single address book.
- Ability to share status, location with friends, keep multiple IM and SMS converstions going and move between them.
- Nokia Messaging pre-installed, mobilise up to 10 personal email accounts. Includes quasi-push email and rich HTML support.
- Video playback H.264, MPEG-4, XviD: up to WVGA (800 x 480) at 25 frames per second; WMV: VGA resolution at 30 frames persecond; Flash.
- Video streaming in the browser.
- Music playback formats include MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, M4A, WAV, WMA.
The N900 will be demoed at Nokia World, in Stuttgart, next week, where Nokia will reveal further details about the device and the Maemo 5 platform.
Yes,watch the below image…
Did you notice a black person at the center?Watch the same image on the polish site..
The black persons body remains the same,But head is made as white person!Does it means racism or Business mind?I leave it to you people to decide..!i would appreciate designers creativity…!
Yes,Its dream of many of the nokia
fans who were expecting the finnish giant to enter into laptop market mainly
because of their build quality,value for money and mainly battery life.And now
the dream came true as nokia finally dropped its plan and look of its new
netbook/mini laptop Nokia Booklet 3G.Engadget has many photos of it.You get into
- Atom processor
- Windows OS
- 10.1-inch High.Res display(high denotes better than Eee)
- integrated A-GPS with Ovi Maps
- HDMI output
- 12 hour battery life
- 3G wireless
- hot-swappable SIM card
- 2cm (.78 inch) thick
- 2.7lb aluminium body
As part of Windows live wave 3 update(i think its end of wave 3) windows live movie maker have been updated and available for download.
You can avail your copy at www.download.live.com. Ribbon interface was implemented to coincide with windows 7 release.
Here is the screenshot of Home screen:
There is lot of new features apart from old beta.
Visual Effects Tab:
According to Dolby Laboratories Inc,Dolby Digital Plus gives you access to more content and lets you experience all of the enveloping surround sound that Blu-ray Disc™, high-definition (HD) broadcast, and streamed and downloaded media make possible. With up to 7.1 channels of premium-quality surround sound, you’ll follow the action with your eyes and your ears. When listening to your music or watching movies, you’ll feel the explosive power of dazzling special effects and hear every sound as the artist or director intended.
Make the move to next-generation surround sound—just look for the Dolby Digital Plus logo. Then get ready to experience the stunning surround sound that Dolby Digital Plus delivers.
Dolby Digital Plus Benefits
- Delivers superior audio quality for a richer surround sound experience
- Enables up to 7.1 channels of theatre-quality sound
- Unlocks the full audio potential from Blu-ray Discs, HD broadcast, and streamed and downloaded media
- Ensures that you hear audio precisely as it was intended
"As Windows 7 amplifies the entertainment experience on the PC, it makes sense that Dolby Digital Plus is selected as the audio format for delivering high-quality surround sound," said Ramzi Haidamus, Executive Vice President Sales and Marketing, Dolby Laboratories.
Microsoft’s Vice President of Windows Product Management, Mike Nash stated that consumers are increasingly focused on audio quality.
"We are delighted to be working with Dolby Laboratories, the leaders in high-quality audio and surround sound, to provide Dolby Digital Plus to our mutual customers," said Nash.
"Built into Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Enterprise, and Windows 7 Ultimate, Dolby creates a richer entertainment environment at home or on the go."