Archive for December, 2009
Folks at liveside.net has listed upcoming conferences in 2010,which are of potential value.Most of the conferences will have announcements from Microsoft,which I’m really interested.Here is the list.Mark your calendar for notifications.
CES Jan 7-10 Las Vegas
Mobile World Congress Feb 15-18 Barcelona
Search Marketing Expo West March 2-4 Santa Clara
SxSWi March 12-16 Austin
Mix10 March 15-17 Las Vegas
Web 2.0 Expo May 3-6 San Francisco
To Subscribe to this calendar: Click here
When i was during my exams last month,details of Google branded HTC phone Nexus One came out.So i didn’t any details on it.Here is the new details leaked and posted in Gizmodo.I’ve posted links at bottom for readers who are new to this phone.
- it’s $530 unsubsidized
- sign up for a 2 year mandatory contract and pay $180 for the phone
- only one rate plan: $39.99 Even More + Text + Web for $79.99 total
- You can only buy five Nexus One phones per Google account
- Google will sell it at Google.com/phone
- Google will begin taking orders on January 5th at 9am.
Other links: Hands-on
Notion Ink’s Android Tablet is finally named as Adam.I got the name from “The Hindu”.
“Among the new fangled technologies to be displayed at the Las Vegas Consumer Electronics Show scheduled for January 2010 will be a sleek gizmo, tentatively named Adam, conceptualised and designed in Hyderabad and Bangalore.”
- The device will be among the first to feature Pixel Qi display, a low-cost, power-saving screen that can operate in three modes. Besides the LCD mode, it can run in a low-power, basic colour trans-reflective mode and a very low-power, sunlight-readable e-paper mode that mounts no pressure on the eye. The screen comes with fingerprint-resistant oleophobic (oil repelling) and anti-glare coating.
- Weighing 770 grams, the 0.6-inch-thick, 10.1-inch scratch-resistant touch screen
- 48 hours standby, eight hours of high definition video playback or 16 hours of Internet surfing over WiFi.
- At its heart will be NVIDIA’s powerful, yet energy-saving, eight-core Tegra system-on-chip
- Adam has water, ambient light and proximity sensors, accelerometer, assisted GPS, digital compass, built-in speakers and microphone.
- It will be loaded with Flash memory (16 or 32 GB) augmented by Secure Digital (SD) card support.
- It has three interfaces: the touch screen, an on-screen virtual keyboard and a track pad located behind the screen.
- A rotatable three megapixel camera at the top can effortlessly take pictures or videos within a 180 degree angle.
Specs is so good.What about the price?? Not too costly.Its around 15000 INR.I’m expecting this device soon.
Happy holidays and Merry christmas
I’m predicting Apple tablet is true and it will be released in January,based on the following reports.
1)According to the Financial Times:
Apple has reportedly booked the Yerba Buena Centre for the Arts in San Francisco "for several days in late January,"
2)A Quote by senior Apple insider:
“I can’t really say anything, but, let’s just say Steve is extremely happy with the new tablet.”
3)Yet another recently departed Apple employee:
“You will be very surprised how you interact with the new tablet.”
4) The relevant passage from the FT:
Apple has contacted other broadcast and cable networks, including Time Warner’s Turner Broadcasting System and Viacom, which have so far been unconvinced by Apple’s proposal. The computer maker has also courted the book publishing industry, sector executives say.
5)The relevant passage from businessinsider:
"They’ve told select developers that as long as they build their apps to support full screen resolution — rather than a fixed 320×480 — their apps should run just fine,"
6)According to Boy genius report:
Apple tablet definitely coming in 7″ size and may be 10” too.